Our passion is to help our clients sponsor get more sponsorships. Your website is the doorway to your sponsorship program. Many times we see nonprofit website designs that are out of date and actually hinder a sponsorship program instead of helping it. Recently I came across this post from the Branded Out Loud blog that has a lot of great suggestions for evaluating your website. Here is a quick overview of the list (adapted from Katya’s Nonprofit Marketing Blog):
- Your mission statement is featured front and center.
- You have no graphical message to SHOW what you do.
- You have an outdated calendar widget that looks like an actual calendar.
- You have text and/or clip art centered all the way down the page.
- You have WELCOME anywhere on the page. (oops, I have that on this blog)
- You have more than 8 menu options or dropdowns with their own dropdowns.
- You have stock photos that don’t seem to have any connection to what you do or photos that just don’t work.
- Everything on the page is in a little box with a border and the text smacks up against the box.
- Your page background is your logo repeated.
- You have 3 columns and none of them are the same length (leaving blank spaces).
- You have any kind of graphic that is animated (flag waving etc.) or text scrolling across the page.
- You have Content Management Syndrome (fancy and plain elements mixed together).
- You have a big Paypal donate button on your main page. (Though big Donate buttons are good.)
You can view the entire post (with explanations and examples) here.
At Help You Sponsor we are web professionals. If you find your nonprofit website design is out of date and you need some help getting it updated, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can provide consulting services, a complete website overhaul, or something in between.