If you want to accept credit cards you will need a Stripe account and then connect it to your HelpYouSponsor account. Here are the steps you will need to follow.
1. Create a Stripe account at https://stripe.com.
2. Log in to your new Stripe account and retrieve your API Keys. They can be found by clicking the down arrow in the upper right corner and then choosing Account Settings:
3. After clicking Account Settings a modal window will open and you will need to click on the API Keys icon at the top. This will bring you to a list of your API Keys:
4. The Test Secret Key is used while you are setting up your program and running test transactions. You may use test credit card numbers found here: https://stripe.com/docs/testing. The Live Secret Key is used when you are ready to go live with your sponsorship program. Copy the appropriate key and then head back to your HelpYouSponsor account.
5. Click the Account link in the left Administration navigation. Paste the API Key in the Stripe Secret Key field and click save:
6. The last thing you need to do is to enable using Stipe in the settings for your program. Click the Settings link in the Administration navigation on the left. Click the name of the settings you want (there may only be one settings if you are setting up a new account). Scroll down through the settings until you come to the checkbox for Use Stripe. Make sure that box is checked and then click the save button at the bottom of the page.
That’s it! You are now able to accept credit cards.